Call Deadline: 24-Apr-2015
Language Value (ISSN 1989-7103) http://www.e-revistes.uji.es/languagevalue welcomes submissions of papers for our next issue.
Teaching and assessing listening skills effectively in the language classroom: research-based approaches.
- Top-down and bottom-up approaches to listening
- Transactional and interactional listening skills
- Active listening
- Intensive/extensive listening
- Purpose of the listening task
- Listening skills in educational, social and professional contexts
- Listening as a critical skill in business
- Effective listening. Focus on interpreting messages: emotional meaning and communicative context
- Multimodality and listening comprehension
- Types of listening input
- Integrating new technologies in the teaching of listening skills
- Mobile learning devices for developing listening skills
- Strategies for effective listening
- Assessing listening
- Web-based assessment of listening skills
- Testing listening in EFL textbooks
- Testing listening proficiency within the CEFRL
- Listening Skills in Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
Deadlines and submission process
Detailed proposals or extended abstracts (500-1,000 words) should be attached and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 February 2015. They should be original works, not published or being considered for publication elsewhere, and written in English. They shall include information about the method employed and the main results obtained as well as some references to be inserted where appropriate in the main body of the text and in a list of references (not included in the 500 word count). Abstracts will be reviewed by peer referees through a double-blind evaluation process and authors of the selected proposals will be notified no later than 6 March 2015. On acceptance, authors will be required to send full texts of c. 5,000-8,000 words before 24 April 2015. Full papers will be independently reviewed by expert reviewers, and authors will be required to meet the suggestions contained in the assessment reports.
Any inquiries regarding the issue, should be sent by email to the journal address (email@example.com).
See the website of the journal for further information for authors: http://www.languagevalue.uji.es/index.php/languagevalue/information/authors
This issue will also publish book, website and multi-media reviews relevant to its contents. Please contact the Editors if you wish to send a copy of a book, a reference to a website or any other products to be reviewed in the Journal.
Language Value is indexed in EBSCO, LATINDEX, RESH, ERIH PLUS, ISOC, THE LINGUIST LIST and DIALNET.