LINGUIST List Supporting Publishers
The LINGUIST List thanks the following publishers for their most generous support, without which we could not continue to operate. Please click on a publisher's name for more information.
- Become a supporting publisher
- See the complete listing of linguistics and language related publishers
- Cascadilla Press
- Cascadilla Press is an independent scholarly publisher focusing on linguistics. Best known for Arboreal, our syntactic tree font, we publish books, software, and games in all areas of linguistics. You can see our complete list of titles at http://www.cascadilla.com.
- De Gruyter Mouton
- De Gruyter Mouton is one of the world’s leading publishers in the fields of linguistics and communication science. Based in Berlin, De Gruyter Mouton also have branches in Boston and in Beijing. Mouton publishes over 80 books every year as well as nearly 40 academic journals, and is particularly renowned for excellent reference books such as the Handbooks of Applied Linguistics and the Handbooks of Linguistics and Communication Science (HSK).
- Elsevier Ltd
- Elsevier publishes journals, monographs, series and reference works in core, interdisciplinary and applied linguistics. In addition to the collection of language pathology titles published under the Academic Press imprint, Elsevier also publishes Pergamon, Ablex and North-Holland titles. All journals are available electronically through http://www.ScienceDirect.com/. For more information on Elsevier linguistics titles visit http://www.elsevier.com/linguistics
- Equinox Publishing Ltd
- Equinox Publishing Ltd is an independent academic publisher founded in 2003 by Janet Joyce and based in London. In addition to our other subject areas, we publish textbooks and monographs in linguistics. We have a backlist of about 100 published titles in linguistics and we will publish another 12 to 15 new books each year. Our international group of series editors commission books from authors worldwide within 12 distinct series across various branches of linguistics. Since 2003, our list of academic journals in linguistics has grown in number to 10 and include the Journal of Applied Linguistics and Linguistics and the Human Sciences. Our publishing attains the highest academic standards and is gaining an international reputation.
- ISD, Distributor of Scholarly Books
- ISD is a distributor of scholarly and specialist publications from some of the world’s finest publishing houses.
- John Benjamins
- John Benjamins Publishing Company is an independent academic publisher with offices in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Philadelphia, USA. Highlighted by a strong traditional presence in the field of Linguistics the John Benjamins list also contains important work in such other fields as Psychology, Literary Studies, Philosophy, Translation Studies, Interpreting, Terminology, Lexicography, Organizational Studies and Art History.
- Lincom GmbH
- LINCOM publishes studies on basic research as well as textbooks and handbooks in all academic disciplines. The studies are mainly written in English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian.
- MIT Press
- The MIT Press is the only university press in the United States whose list is based in science and technology. This does not mean that science and engineering are all we publish, but it does mean that we are committed to the edges and frontiers of the world -- to exploring new fields and new modes of inquiry. (For a time we described our publishing program as chasing "The Moving Frontier," but we've moved beyond even that.) We publish about 200 new books a year and over 40 journals. We are a major publishing presence in fields as diverse as architecture, social theory, economics, cognitive science, and computational science, and we have a long-term commitment to both design excellence and the efficient and creative use of new technologies. Our goal is to create books and journals that are challenging, creative, attractive, and yet affordable to individual readers.
- Multilingual Matters
- Multilingual Matters is an international independent publishing house, with lists in the areas of bilingualism, second/foreign language learning, sociolinguistics, translation, interpreting and books for parents. We also publish peer-reviewed academic journals, and a newsletter for parents, The Bilingual Family Newsletter. Our recent innovations include the Journal of Multicultural Discourses and Innovation in Language Learning and Teaching.
- Oxford University Press
- Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
- Peter Lang AG
- The Peter Lang publishing group consists of several editing companies which have favoured contacts with worldwide authors. The specialised academic publications, which are not printed in great numbers, demand some very efficient and specific marketing, as well as precisely targeted advertising throughout the world and an extremely well-documented organisation.
- Offering linguists around the world food for thought: The Springer Linguistics program covers aspects of linguistics from applied, comparative and computational perspectives. It provides researchers with information on the many complex issues inherent in the teaching, learning and study of languages. (Kluwer Academic Publishers and Springer-Verlag have merged into a combined publishing company simply known as Springer.)
- University of Toronto Press
- Wiley-Blackwell is the most successful and prestigious publisher of linguistics books in the world. Our program is distinctive due to its authority and selectivity; our authors and editors are the leading researchers and teachers in their respective subdisciplines. We are best known for our successful and long-running Handbooks in Linguistics series of reference books, our bestselling linguistics textbooks, and more than 20 language and linguistics journals dedicated to serving the global academic community.
- Linguistic Association of Finland
- The Linguistic Association of Finland was founded in 1977 to promote linguistic research and the teaching of linguistics in Finland by offering a forum for discussion, both in Finland and abroad.
- SIL International Publications
- SIL publishes books about languages and cultures of the world for education, research, and reference.
- University of Nebraska Press
- The University of Nebraska Press primarily publishes nonfiction books and scholarly journals, along with a few titles per season in contemporary and regional prose and poetry. On occasion, we reprint previously published fiction of established reputation, and we have several programs to publish literary works in translation. Through our paperback imprint, Bison Books, we publish reprints of classic books of myriad genres. Our primary mission, defined by the University through the Press Advisory Board of faculty members working in concert with the Press, is to find, evaluate, and publish in the best fashion possible, serious works of nonfiction.