Language and Identity in Singapore
|Submitter Email:||click here to access email|
I would like to extend my personal thanks to each and everyone who have
replied to Dr. Mari Rhydwen's query on my behalf on the subject of language
and identity in Singapore. They are:
1. Wendy Bokhorst-Heng
2. Anthea Fraser Gupta
3. Carol Chan
4. Gan Wee Keong
5. Patricia Kilroe
The following is a list of the resources that were given by all of you:
which has a mirror site at
3. Afrendas, E. and E.C.Y. Kuo (eds.) 1980. Language and Society in
Singapore. Singapore: Singapore University Press.
4. Gopinathan, S., Anne Pakir, Wah Kam Ho and Vanithamani
Saravanan(eds.) 1994. Language, Society and Education in Singapore:
Issues and Trends. Singapore: Times Academic Press.
5. Kandiah, Thiru and John Kwan-Terry(eds.) 1994. English and
Language Planning: Southeast Asian Contribution. Singapore:
Times Academic Press.
6. Pakir, Anne (ed.) 1993. The Enlish Language in Singapore:
Standards and Norms. Singapore: UniPress.
7. "Language and Social Mobility in Singapore", by Eddie C. Y. Kuo
in: Nessa Wolfson and Joan Manes (eds.) 1985, Language of
Inequality. Walter de Gru Gruyter.
Once again I'd like to convey my personal thanks to one and all for the
information provided, it will be beneficial to my work.
Mari Rhydwen, Humanities, Murdoch University, Perth, WA 6150, Australia
Telephone: 09 360 2217 Fax: 09 360 6367
|Original Query:||Read original query|
Sums main page