The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
|Linguistic Field:||Language Acquisition Multilingualism|
University of Oslo
Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies
Post-doctoral Research Fellowship Early Bilingual Language Acquisition
A post-doctoral research fellowship (SKO 1352) is available at the Department of
Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies. The person appointed will be affiliated with
the Research group in clinical linguistics and language acquisition. The group
conducts research on typical and atypical speech and language development in
children and on atypical speech and language as a result of brain damage in
adults. Our research focuses strongly on cross-linguistic studies of language
development and disorders.
The appointee is expected to investigate language acquisition in bilingual
preschool children with a minority background learning the majority language as a
(simultaneous or successive) second language, with particular focus on the
acquisition of lexical and grammatical skills.
The successful applicant is expected to work closely with the members of the
research group and should have the following qualifications:
- A PhD degree in linguistics or psychology or a related field, with a background in
one ore more of the following areas:
- Early phonological, lexical and/or grammatical acquisition in bilingual children
- Language disorders in bilingual children
- The following qualifications are seen as an advantage:
- Experience with statistical methods
- Experience with experimental studies and/or use of various test instruments
Emphasis will also be placed on the following when assessing applications:
- The applicant's academic and personal suitability in order to execute the project
- The project's scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
- Good collaboration skills and an ability to join interdisciplinary academic
- Extensive international network
The post-doctoral research fellowship is for a period of 3 years. Applicants must
submit a project outline of a maximum of 5 pages, including a schedule of
activities. It is expected that the project will be completed within the 3-year period.
The main purpose of the post-doctoral research fellowship is to qualify researchers
for work in senior academic positions within their disciplines. We are looking for a
strongly motivated and competent candidate, with high academic qualifications in
the relevant area of research.
- Salary level 57 - 64 (NOK 455 900 - 518 800, depending on level of expertise)
- Professional development in a stimulating academic environment
- Good pension and social welfare benefits
The following documents must be enclosed with the electronic application:
- An application letter
- Curriculum Vitae (with full information about education, former positions,
pedagogical and administration experience)
- List of publications and conference presentations
- 3-5 page project description on language acquisition in bilingual preschool
children with a minority background (see project description). The proposal should
include a progress plan. Applicants are expected to be able to execute the plan
during the appointment period.
Educational certificates and publications are not to be submitted with the
application, but applicants may be asked to submit such information or works
Interviews will be part of the appointment process.
|Application Web Address:||http://uio.easycruit.com/vacancy/767259/62043?iso=gb|
Prof. Kristian Emil Kristoffersen